Tuesday, May 5, 2009

model love: my model muses at the model as muse met gala

Everyone in the fashion world has been waiting for last night's event since the Met announced the Model as Muse exhibit last winter. If you know me, you know I'm obsessed with models, so I was thrilled to hear this news and even more thrilled to read the May issue of Vogue and even MORE thrilled to finish my Media Law exam this morning (thank todd) and head to my computer to look at photos from last night! Needless to say, my faves did not disappoint.

Two of the dashing hosts, MJ AND KATE:




Killing it in everyone's fave Balmain, ANYA AND DARIA:




Looking particularly iconic, AGGY:



LOVING the boho-grecian goddess dress, CAROLINE:



Only person who could pull off zippered skinnies at a Met Gala, ERIN:



Children of Cool, the boys of Proenza with RAQUEL:



My biggest girl-crush looking smashing, MK:



ASH looked rather fab as well:



In his signature cape, ANDRÉ:


{photos from style.com}

Also, I'm totally LOLing at The Cut's compilation of commentary on Madonna's "costume" by Louis Vuitton. Oh Madge.

Peace, Love and Neon,
Marisa

2 comments:

  1. obviously looking at your blog instead of doing my paper. FML. on page 13 though, almost 14. i love how you refer to models as if they are your best friends. IM your best friend. but i guess they can hang out with us too. if they make the cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. went to the member's preview of the exhibit today.
    Marisa, you have to go when you get back to the city - it's one of the best Costume Institute exhibits yet!

    ReplyDelete