Monday, June 15, 2009

i am a fashion slave. but in the best way possible.

Right now I am in a van on my way to Harlem to help as a stylist assistant for Ten Magazine's stylist Sabina Schreder. I'm beginning to wonder how much longer I'll be willing to work as unpaid help.... But anyway, I spent my day yesterday assisting the style-out and helped out as Sabina and co. worked their magic pairing up outrageous pieces from Westwood, Galliano, Versace, etc. with I <3 NY paraphernalia (the shoot is about all things New York--too perfect!!). And Sabina's crew is great! The assistants Natasha and Vanessa are really sweet and down-to-earth, the photog Christian has a great sense of humor and made me feel welcome right off the bat, Alice is the cutest pregnant makeup artist I've ever encountered, and our model Diana is adorable and looks awesome in the clothes (think Gemma Ward + Tanya D.)! It's been so much fun watching experienced people doing what I hope to be doing in the future and I am so blessed to have the opportunity to be a part of the magic. I'll post pictures of Sabina's adorable kitten and of props and an oversized tutu when I get to my computer tonight. In the meantime, I'll be chillin' in Harlem making fabulous observations to share with all of you.

Peace, Love and Neon,
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment