Monday, September 27, 2010

want this now: what the editors are wearing

To me, fashion editors are like the cool girls in school. They’re the ones who know what’s hip before the rest of us and set the trends both in magazines and on the streets.

As you may know, fashion month is well under way (this week: Milan!), and I’ve found myself anxiously awaiting updates on Tommy Ton’s Style.com street style album (a veritable yearbook of fashion’s top editors) than images from the shows themselves. Why you ask? Because I am ready for a CHANGE, something fresh, something new in fashion, and I need the cool girls to be my guide.

What have they told me is in? Camouflage print, military colors and details, leopard everything, denim-on-denim ensembles and camel colored coats. Love, love, love and LOVE!


















{photos by tommy ton for style.com}

J.Crew obviously got the memo for fall and has an awesome selection of these trends, many of which are on sale now!! Camo print pants, dress, and skirt, flack jackets, denim shirts, a denim vest, a great camel peacoat and some leopard print ballet flats.

My friend Ana already has the denim-on-denim ensemble down, wearing today a lightweight denim shirt from H&M and a pair of dark lejeans (I refuse to call them jeggings). Personally, I'm on the hunt for a furry leopard scarf as pictured above on fashion's favorite redhead Taylor Tomasi Hill and the stylish show-goer above her. I already got my hands on an army green military shirt and you better believe that I've broken out my Abercrombie and Fitch camo cargos from eighth grade.

Peace, Love and Neon,
Marisa

1 comment: