Tuesday, February 26, 2013

trendspotting: mirrored sunnies


It all started with this picture.

The "it" that I am referring to is my obsession with colored reflective sunglasses, which has now established itself as a full-blown trend for spring. (See just about every fashion week street style round up and this post on Refinery29.) I posted this photo by Garance Doré about two years ago in reference to the white blazers, but it turns out that it was those orange mirrored aviators that left a lasting impression on me. I picked up my first pair of mirrored sunnies at a street fair last summer: clear wayfarers with blue lenses, and when those sadly broke, I snagged a set of cobalt blue wayfarers with orange lenses from Aldo. Cute as they may be, they're pretty bold for every day and not the greatest quality, so now I'm jonesing for mirrored Ray-Ban aviators just like the ones above. (Birthday money purchase, perhaps?)

Here are just a handful of the many photos that have been perpetuating my obsession:








A bunch of really cool sunglasses brands, like Spektre, Westward Leaning, and Wildfox, are featuring plenty mirrored styles. Not to mention you'll be sure to find them at every fast fashion retailer this spring.

You think you'll give them a shot, too?

Peace, Love and Neon,
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment