Tuesday, April 16, 2013

trendspotting: tropical prints


With images of surfers and palm trees constantly dancing through my daydreams these days, it's clear I've got a tropical story on the brain. Maybe it was my trip to Miami last month where I couldn't stop snapping photos of naturally lit green palms and reflections of them in my mirrored sunglasses. Or maybe it was the test shoot I did recently which featured tons of mismatched, gypset-inspired swimwear and an experiment with palm leaf shadows. More likely, this infatuation goes back to September when tropical prints began manifesting on the sidewalks outside fashion week. Whatever the reason, I've been on a ferocious hunt for pieces in hibiscus and palm patterns as of late and I cannot get enough! Here are some photos that have been perpetuating my obsession.










[images: honestly...wtf, refinery 29, they all hate us, how two live,
luella & june, the man repeller, song of style and style.com]


To shop some of my favorite tropical prints of the season, check out H&M's Conscious collection, Joie, and Juicy Couture. Aloha!
 
Peace, Love and Neon,
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment