Saturday, May 23, 2009

what i'm up to: ...your pretty little rags & bones

This week was my first week as a rag & bone intern, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it there!!


{sign on the door into the 3rd floor office}

My tasks? Well this week was all about organizing fabric samples, sorting through pieces of gorgeous buttery leather, running errands around the city, keeping the office neat and filling in for the receptionist on Friday. I'm so glad to be working with fabrics! I'm a journalism student NOT a fashion student, so learning about fashiony things like fabrics and trims can only come through internships- or lots of research.

And did I mention that the office is in the Meatpacking District? I ADORE the area! Cobblestone streets, trendy restaurants (hello Pastis!!), amazing stores (I die over Jeffrey!!), and an overall cool, hip, young vibe (perfection!).


{first day of work outfit: blazer- zara, skirt- phillip lim, necklace- kenneth jay lane, neon tank
and sandals- necessary objects; and I was wearing my vintage gucci doctor bag too!!}


{friend and fellow intern rebecca wearing a super cute outfit on thursday:
blazer- elizabeth and james, dress- topshop}

I'll be sure to keep you all updated if anything interesting happens at the r & b office this summer!!

Peace, Love and Neon,
Marisa

2 comments:

  1. Hey old roomie! I'm glad you got another awesome internship. I hope you enjoy the summer in NYC! Maybe I'll see you around. - Leslie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all sounds so awesome! I wish I could come visit you at Rag & Bone and see you in action!
    xo

    ReplyDelete