Thursday, May 23, 2013

favorite collections: isabel marant spring '13


The last time we collectively embraced boho-glam as the aesthetic du jour, Rachel Zoe was dressing Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan and Mischa Barton in fur vests and oversized sunglasses, and we were all obsessed with Sienna Miller's effortless hippie chic. This era was followed by a more grunge-focused period in which we traded in our paisleys for plaids and our bangles for studded wrap bracelets. In light of fashionista favorite Isabel Marant's spring 2013 collection, I predict a bohemian fashion revival and, as a self-declared flower child, I could not be more stoked. The details from this show are a refreshing change from the more minimalist It collections we have pined after the past few years and I am ready to rock all of them!

First: the shoes. They are both bad ass rock'n'roll and look super comfortable in the 2 1/2" inch heel variation. I am currently on the prowl for an affordable take on these studded beauties, but so far everything is slightly over my budget (see these and these, both Jeffrey Campbell). Might have to make an exception...

Next: the patterns. You already know about my current obsession with all things tropical, a trend that was not overlooked in this collection. Exotic florals in black, white and red take form in effortless mini dresses, embroidered skinny jeans and silk blouses. There are also paisley prints (my all time favorite!) in blues, purples and reds seen on a stunning quilted coat and numerous flouncy dresses and peasant tops.

Last: the delicate jewelry. I am known to pile on the chunky bracelets and load up my digits with rings, but I am totally drawn to the simple jewelry styling in this collection. A thin brass choker paired with a doubled up chain is just the right amount of bling for sticky summer nights. 











[images: vogue.com]

Are you ready to embrace the boho revival?

Peace, Love and Neon,
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment