Thursday, July 1, 2010

want this now: pastel polish

Last summer's nail polish craze was all about the neon. This summer? Pastels, of course.

I've been dreaming about lilac nails for no particular reason for the past two weeks now, and lo and behold: many of the lovely ladies that joined in Amy's birthday celebration this week were painted up in the hue! Do I have good trend radar or what?

What must have began with Chanel's Jade last fall now has polish-lovers craving purple and blue members of the pastel family.



Essie's current resort collection contains three pastel tones (blue, green and purple) as well as a complimentary pale grey tone. Cute!

However, I am currently on the hunt for a true powder blue and pale lilac, like the ones I used to choose at the nail salon when I was seven.



Are those my dream colors I see in OPI's current Shrek collection??

Peace, Love and Neon,
Marisa

EDITOR'S NOTE: Went to crewcuts the day after this post and lo and behold: they were selling the perfect shade of pale purple! Essie's Lilacism is currently on my toes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment