Monday, June 17, 2013

adventures in styling: leather and lace


I am so excited to share with you this little test I styled recently with some good friends from ideeli: photographer Larry Baglio, hair/makeup artist Mel Rau and model Luna Castilho. The stars seemed to align for our team one fateful (and tiring) day at the studio when we all agreed to stick around and take some photos for fun. Larry pulled down the red seamless, I threw together a look from the clothes I could find at the studio, Mel dirtied up Luna's hair and darkened her eyes, and Luna worked her magic. 

The concept was pretty rock'n'roll inspired. In my mind, Luna was the sexy groupie of every rock star's dreams. I loved the idea of playing up her gorgeous, flowing locks and sultry, deep-set eyes with the contrast of an ethereal white lace dress and a tough black moto jacket. I've come to realize that adding jewelry to a look is my favorite part, so piling on the silver was a must. I am also a huge fan of turquoise and red, so once the paper was selected, it was on with that cross bracelet. 





 


[photos by: larry baglio / www.bagliophoto.com]

I couldn't be more pleased with the way the photos came out. Hope you all love them as much as I do!

Peace, Love and Neon,
Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment