Friday, May 7, 2010

la vie à paris: la fin

It's currently 5 AM in Paris. I am still not done packing and I leave for Spain this afternoon. Yes, my semester in Paris has officially come to a close. Heartbroken. Beyond.

Tonight, my ladies and I had a long last dinner at Sir Winston, the bar/restaurant that we stumbled upon our first weekend in Paris. Dinner was delicious. Dessert was even better.

{sir winston, first weekend in paris}

{sir winston, last night in paris}

Do we look different? Older? Wiser? French-er? Maybe a little jaded. Definitely a lot sad.

Paris has changed me, changed us, forever. In what ways, I won't know until I get home and can gauge it against my routine American life. But the "it" inside me has definitely transformed in the past four months and Paris will be in my thoughts everyday.

However, I have not left Paris yet.. still a few hours left and those damn birds out my window are still singing.

Paix, Amour et Néon,
Marisa

1 comment:

  1. awww don't worry about leaving!! you'll miss it so much but if you are set on going back YOU WILL GET THERE!! have a safe flight back, happy travels babe!

    ReplyDelete